The first visit to an escape room in January of 2016 sealed the deal right away. We were hooked. We booked another escape room the day after right away. And since then, when money and time permits, we try to visit as much escape rooms as possible. But which escape rooms are worth visting? And which rooms at those locations? Because some rooms are a lot better than others at the same location. And how do you get in touch with other enthusiasts? You want to share that enthusiasm right? We thought the already existing escape room websites were lacking in those parts. So what do you when you're a webdeveloper and a Dutch teacher? You start your own site. And that's how escapetalk.nl started.
These days escapetalk.nl has grown into the biggest escape room platform of the BeNeLux with more than 12.000 reviews. Into a place where thousands of escape room enthusiasts and owners come together.
We only recently started with the English part of the website so feel free to let us know any mistakes or if you have suggestions of any kind. We're open to all kinds of feedback and appreciate the input!
What does escapetalk.nl has to offer?
- Profiles. Creating your own profile has many advantages. You can keep tracks of the rooms you played or the rooms you want to play in your wishlist.
- A forum. Join other enthusiasts and exchange tips!
- Reviews are not attached to locations, but to rooms. That way you can easily see which rooms are worth visiting and which ones are probably worth avoiding.
- Meet-ups. Meet new people and go on an adventure together!
- Escaperoom owners can change the info of their own listing and react to reviews. If you want to thank someone for a positive review or defend yourself against a bad one.
What we don't do:
- Spoilers. It needs to be fun for everyone and nobody likes spoilers.
- Put locations or rooms higher in results against a certain fee. We're not looking for the best paying locations, but the best reviewed locations.
- Ask payment for links to the website of the escape rooms. You can click to their website right away and we don't get a dime for that. And that's fine.